Thursday, March 10, 2011

ALOHA... and some Random Hawaii Pictures

I have a few pictures that I left out of other posts and some new ones. Above is a sign I had made for Skye at the Dole Plantation. I stood there as the artist painted it. He charges $1.00 a letter. It took him all of three minutes to make this beautiful sign.

...and above you see a picture of Skye and I on one of the 3 sets of steps / stairs as you climb Diamond Head. This set has 99 steps.

Gunstock Ranch in the rain. It is beautiful.

Tuesday Skye and I got a ride to Hukilau Beach and walked down to the Malaekahana State Park.

It was a pretty day for a stroll on the beach...

Then we waded through the water, sometimes up to our waist, and went out to Mokuauia or "Goat" Island which is a Shearwater Bird Sanctuary.

We were the only ones on the Island and the day we went was lovely. We snorkeled for a while and then hiked around the perimeter of the Island before heading back to shore.

We came to shore at the state park where Skye's sweet neighbor, Carrie, came and picked us up.

Carrie and her boys, Caleb and Matthew (Bubbers). Carrie was kind enough to take us several places and loan us her car on occasion.
Thank you Carrie!!!

Some of the Ladies from Church wanted to learn to quilt, so on Thursday the Feb. 24, we tied a quilt and today I bound it. Here is Colleen and Shawna...

Sister Tofa, Rhoda and Sister Lakatani and myself. We had so much fun. These ladies are the best and they just adore Skye and Ryan.

Here is a picture of the apartment house where Skye and Ryan live. Their's is the middle door on the left. Their Studio Apt. is 10'x20'. It has been cozy!

It has been a wonderful 22 days and I will be sad to leave Skye and Ryan and my new friends, but I am excited to get home and be with my kids in Idaho. Hopefully Darryl will get home from Mississippi before too long.
Aloha!

1 comment:

Guffey Family said...

I didn't know that Grandpa was in Mississippi. Oh, and I LOVE Aunt Skye's picture that you had the artist do. It was beautiful!