Thursday, January 14, 2016

Blessing Sweet Little Rachel

On Sunday January 3, 2016 our sweet little Rachel McKayla Cunningham was blessed by her father, Cody, in the Marathone Branch on Marathon Key, Florida, of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints.


After the blessing she spent several minutes smiling and laughing at the room in general. Rachel is such a  happy baby.
It was nice to be able to be with Brett and Apryll and the rest of Alisa's family for this happy and special occasion..

As with all of my grandchildren, I couldn't get enough of holding, kissing and just watching this darling little girl that God has blessed us with. I was reminded of how I felt as a new young mother.

Even though these pictures are of Rachel, the following sentiment applies to how I felt each time I held one of my children or my grandchildren for the first time.

"What is it that you do to my heart little one? 
From the first moment my eyes look upon your sweet face I can’t ever get enough of you.


To think of how pure and beautiful and sweet and perfect you are amazes me. To think that we, our entire family, are blessed to call you ours, brings tears of joy to my eyes. 
I watch you smile and talk to the angels who watch over you and pray that I will be enough; enough to love you, protect you, teach you, nurture you and help you return to that heavenly sphere from whence you came. 
That my Father in Heaven has entrusted you to me is beyond my comprehension, but it is a trust that I will give my all to fulfill with honor every day. 


I love you little one – for eternity."



Love, Grandma Cindy (Mom)

2 comments:

Hillary and Jake said...

My sentiments exactly, every time I hold my babies

Unknown said...

They are so sweet and precious!