Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Best Bus Ride Ever!


Monday was a big day for me. I left Darryl in Mexico headed for the East Coast and Grandbabies!! The Cheapest way to get to Phoenix to catch my plane was to take the Bus. TUFESA Bus Lines is a Mexican company and let me tell you, the busses and service are great! My bus left Guaymas at 11:30 in the evening. As I got on the bus they handed me a little lunch bag with a Sandwich and drink. I put my drink in the drink holder, propped my fee up on the foot rest, lay my seat all the way back (Yes, it reclines nearly all the way) and Slept for hours. The bathrooms on the bus were clean and the ride was as smooth as could be considering the roads. (Once we went through Customs and got on U.S. I-15 it was a very smooth ride). We pulled into the Phoenix bus station around 9:00 a.m. We stopped 4 times. The first stop was in Hermosillo (10 minutes) to pick up passengers, the second was at the Mexican Army inspection station about 100 miles south of the border (20 Minutes), the 3rd was U.S. Border Customs (30 Minutes) and the 4th stop was in Tucson (5 Minutes). All in all it was a great way to travel. If you ever decide to tour Mexico don't be shy about taking the big busses like TAP or TUFESA. They are comfortable and much nicer than the Greyhound and Continental busses I used to travel on in the states. (Except for the Airport express and a tour group bus, I haven't traveled on long distance U.S. bus service since 1994). TUFESA was much roomier and Nicer than any bus I have ever been on. If you are thinking of coming to Mexico for a visit, look them up. The website is: http://www.tufesa.com.mx/tufesa_en/tufesa.htm


Lucky for me, between Darryl and I we have family all over the country. His cousins picked me up at the bus station in Phoenix and took me for brunch and then made sure I got to the airport. I arrived in Ft. Lauderdale at 9:20 last night and spent time playing with baby Ransom. When I get organized today I will take some pictures and post them. Have a great day.

No comments: