Saturday, November 12, 2016

Ready for Summer!

As June started I was staying at Jesse and Kelly's in Blackfoot and had a lot to prepare before my summer road trip. I had 5 baby quilts to make for my 1 yr. old grandchildren, pack and organize our clothes and souvenirs from Chile, prepare for a presentation for the Menan Stake Relief Society and pack everything I would need for the next month into my mini-van.
☺☺☺☺
I made this cute little quilt for Annabelle and one like it for Rachel.

This is JJs quilt and I made two more similar to it for Benny and Marshal (Benny's has a pig instead of a sheep and Marshall's sheep was white). Although I did quilt some of the quilts before I left, I have to thank Elaine Gunderson for helping get the others quilted.


(Benny's has a pig instead of a sheep and Marshall's sheep was white like Clancy's quilt pictured here). Although I did quilt some of the quilts before I left, I have to thank Elaine Gunderson for helping get the others quilted.

♥♥♥
The morning before I left there was a massive windstorm in Blackfoot. It woke us up in the wee hours of the morning with branches falling on the roof and twigs hitting the windows.





I realized after I bought my mini-van that I would need a little more room to haul myself, Gideon, Parker, our luggage and souvenirs across the country, so Daniece Storer located this great car top carrier for me at a garage sale.

Ready for Sunday.

I was honored to be able to present my A.S.I.A. Women's Conference presentation to the sisters of the Menan Idaho Stake on June 9th. 

I was surprised when I went into Relief Society one Sunday and saw myself listed as "Guest Speaker". It was such a blessing for me!

Meanwhile, as I was getting ready to embark on my "Epic Road Trip", Darryl was living in St. Louis and working across the river in Cahokia, IL.
♥♥♥
Once a grandpa..... he met Ben and Ryanne Robert's sweet little son....

Worked in the rain and mud for weeks on end...

..and built conveyor foundations to take product to this dome located on the Mississippi River.

He also went to a Cardinals baseball game and really enjoyed it.

Cody, Alisa and Rachel caught up with him for a quick visit as they were passing through on tour with the Readhead Express.


For the Memorial Day weekend he drove to North Carolina to visit his mother and our daughters, Shiloh, Cami and families. Here he gets to meet Marshall Doc for the first time.

And he spent time with Lily and Ransom and Gage.

He also met Mr. Benny for the first time and had fun playing with both little boys.

Skye came down to visit Grandma Peggy and they all had a wonderful time.

First, they communed a little too close to nature. We discovered little Belle has no fear of snakes.

Don't worry, Grandma Peggy to the rescue. She may be 91, but she can still chase a snake away.

Having gun with Great-grandma's lawn ornaments.

Then they all went to the cemetery to put flags on Grandpa Bill's grave.




During his time in St. Louis, Darryl took a couple of weekends to see the sights. He visited the Cahokia Mounds and other tourist places.

But most of the time, he worked and waited for the time when we all could be together during our EPIC Family reunion at the end of June.

Stay tuned for much more summer fun! 

No comments: