Sunday, June 25, 2017

A Quick Trip to Carolina!

June 4th, 2017

As soon as the Elvis race was over on Saturday I changed clothes and drove to North Carolina to go see Mom, (Darryl's mom, Peggy). She was back in the hospital with heart issues and they couldn't get the fluid off of her. I spent the night with her at the hospital so Cindy Marie could have a little break. Sunday morning I talked her into a couple of selfies with me!

I love this woman more than she will ever know. She has been a mom to me for over 40 years and I have always felt loved by her.

Cody and Alisa came by on Sunday too. They wanted Rachel to see Grandma. Of course, Peggy being the efficient woman she is, had Cindy Marie fix up a goody bag for Rachel and bring it to the hospital. Rachel absolutely loved the little platypus and called it "Peggy". She wanted to give Grandma a kiss to tell her "Thank you." 

I had to leave Sunday evening to go down to Iron Station, but I was so grateful that I was able to have another visit with Mom. She was able to come home from the hospital the following Wednesday.

No comments: